After Season One, my expectations for this show sky rocketed because of how good it ended up being especially for a Disney + show. The following is a spoiler discussion so please keep that in mind if you’re planning on reading the rest of this!
Okay, moving on this season covered a hell of a lot but here are some of my favorite moments:
- Portwell realizing their feelings for each other!
- The second chance song.
- Honestly the entire soundtrack was incredible.
- Seeing all of the relationships flourish and I knew what was going to happen with Ricky and Nini’s relationship so that wasn’t much of a surprise.
- Ricky giving Miss Jenn his blessing. This showed Ricky’s character development and it must have been a really difficult thing to do as well.
- I felt for Ricky during his breakup. He thought he’d always be with Nini and unfortunately things didn’t work out.
and now for the cons!
- When I first heard that Jordan Fisher was going to guest star in it I was excited until I saw what his character came to do. Not a fan of his character in this one. He’s an absent sibling so why on earth would he know how Gina actually feels?
- Miss Jenn is supposed to be a teacher and is telling one of her students to just jump off something 🤦♀️
- Lily’s character the entire season & poor, Naive Ricky!
- Nini also had her moments when she irritated me but she kind of redeemed herself when she was trying to hype everyone up in time for the show.
- Ricky telling Miss Jenn who she could and couldn’t date. Luckily the kid realized his mistake in the end and didn’t act like Devi from Never Have I Ever when she found out her mother was seeing someone.
- Why was the kiss between Gina and EJ cut? My guess is that it’s due to the actress’s age and I hope that’s the only reason. Maybe we’ll get a real one in Season 3.
- Why the hell was the play cut short? I wanted to see Ashlyn as Belle and Ricky as The Beast. We saw so many rehearsals – I wanted to see the real thing too.
- Why did they decide to drop out of the Menkes? I get that they thought they weren’t good enough but they were letting go of a $50,000 cash prize?
Overall Thoughts: This was a fun season – definitely not as good as Season 1, but it was still pretty decent! I hope Season 3 has a better storyline and isn’t as rushed.